Ready For Adventure
Welcome to MyAdventureDiaries.com My name is Chris Watson, and I’m thrilled you’ve landed here.
As a husband, father, and full-time IT professional, my life is both mentally exhausting and demanding of my time.
Nevertheless, I’m also working towards a Scottish Canoe Association Certified (SCA) Paddle Sports Instructor, hold a Royal Yachting Association (RYA) Powerboat license, and all-around adventures (outdoors, travel, offbeat) geek.
BUT, I know first-hand the struggles with burnout and lack of time to do all the things!
But I also know the rewards of getting outside and exploring new adventures, and reconnecting with nature and loved ones are incredibly worthwhile and wonderfully therapeutic.
And that’s when I realized – I needed to create something that kept me and my family accountable to spending more time outdoors, away from the screen, and curating experiences, connections, and lasting memories.
So…I created MyAdventureDiaries.com to document, inspire, and hopefully guide you toward experiencing more outdoor activities too. Whether you’re a busy professional, a stay-at-home parent, a frustrated wannabe adventurer, or someone looking to break out of their comfort zone, I have a plan…
P.S. It may be weighted more towards paddling and hiking…
My goal for this site is to document my micro-adventures and encourage you to do the same, get outside more often, step away from the screen, and enjoy the outdoors.
My content will serve to teach novices and beginners the basics of Kayaking, Hiking, and Outdoor activities and encourage you to get involved and reap the benefits of this beautiful sport and family recreational activity.
I will, from time to time, interview guests and adventurers and share their stories here too.
I’ll give you a roadmap, a list of ideas, inspiration, and activities for you and your family. Get On the Adventure Letter!
Go and create your own #MicroAdventures & benefit from real #AdventureTherapy.
I believe that by getting outdoors more often, crafting some fun and exciting days (or even hours) will have a noticeable improvement on your mental health and all-around well-being plus, you’ll have some fun thrown into the mix!
I reside in Glasgow, Scotland, and I’m incredibly fortunate to have access to incredible waters almost on my doorstep.
I spend a lot of time in Loch Lomond and the Trossachs national park and have quick access to the East & West Coasts of Scotland, which boasts some of the best Sea Kayaking and outdoor experiences in the world.
And including my Trip Reports from across the world, I’ll document, share here – and encourage you to do the same.
A Word About My Content
- The content on this site is made up of a mix of photos, videos, written information articles & Trip Guides.
- Almost every photo and certainly all video content is unique to MyAdventureDiaries.com. I only use stock photos when I haven’t had time to go shoot something unique to the point of reference in my content, which will be cited accordingly. I’ll usually circle back and edit posts when we have got around to shooting unique photos – so do check back.
- As for Trip Guides or Product information – these are all unique and written and edited by me directly. Like many of the photos and videos, they are my personal experiences.
- For information articles, however, I may use a freelance writer from time to time. However, I still research all content and outlines created and edit them before publishing them to ensure they meet my quality standards.
- I am always open to feedback and would love to hear what you think
- Sharing is Caring. If you happen to share any of my stuff, do the honorable thing, link back, and cite me and my site as the reference. Pay it forward.
Getting In Touch
If you would like to write to me (i.e., the old-fashioned way), then my office address is as follows:
Watson Publishing Ltd
Suite 411 Baltic Chambers
50 Wellington Street